Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 2010 Newsletter: Independance Day, CFA Badge, and the Boston Terrier


Independence Day: A Dog's Worst Nightmare


Can you imagine what the sound of booming fireworks are like to the ears of a cute little dog? I personally had no clue because the first dog that ever owned me used to howl at each and every splash of fireworks. Anna would just sit on the porch, point her noise up and howl after each of them.

I don't know what Anna's interest in fireworks really was but I know many dogs are easily spooked by the blaring sound of fireworks. I you are close enough to the event you can feel the ground shake. Imagine what these animals - with such great sense of sound and vibration are feeling.

I know its a little late but I thought I'd provide some links to a few tips people have written about preparing your loved one for that fateful day.




July Initiative: Display Your CFA Badge Proudly!


In preparing for our transition into a more active guild, I have planned monthly initiatives leading up to our January target date. Each time you participate in an initiative, let me know and I'll place your Artfire Window on our blog. Simply email me at el@tantalizingstitches.com and let me know what you did and provide me with the code to your Artfire Window.

Each of these initiatives will be repeated beginning in January so don't feel like you have to wait until the requirements are set in place.

This month, my goal is to have our members proudly display the CFA badge in their artfire stores. You can do this by adding our CFA badge code to your right sidebar widget. All you need to do is copy and paste the following code into your artfire store widget:






If you can't see the above, you can also find this code on our blog. I have created an "Add the CFA Badge" section in the middle side bar of our blog.


Get to Know the Boston Terrier



Our monthly columnist, Pam of bagsandmorebypam, wrote about Eddie, her Boston Terrier. Take a look what she has to say:

"Boston Terriers are described as The American Gentleman, affectionate, family friendly, and great with children. Eddie is all that and more, of course!

These dogs have definite white markings and range in weight from 10 to 25 pounds, with the average being 25. Eddie tips the scales at a bit more than that!" . . . READ MORE


Our New Members


Our new members are:
Please take a moment to drop by their stores and add them to your market. This way, the new members will also get to know you as well.

No comments: